Monday, November 28, 2011

My morning at the Newseum

I think self expression and artistic freedom are two of some of the most important things in life. After all, isn't that why I have a blog and all? I only realized this fully however, when I visited the Newseum in Washington D.C. over thanksgiving break. This is a wonderful museum; it traces the influence, history, and evolution of the media from hundreds of years back. 




Out of the 5 floors, the basement caught my eye. It was a piece of the Berlin wall. The eastern side, bare and white. The western side, graffitied and painted in protest of the limitations to the personal freedoms in Soviet Germany. I have always admired the actions of standing up for one's rights, but here it is beautiful. It is creative and artistic, and riveting.






 I actually got to touch part of the wall!

The view from the roof of the museum was not bad at all.

An exhibit of the first pages of newpapers for a hundred years!

A memorial to all the reporters and journalists who have lost their lives trying to cover a story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment