Thursday, February 10, 2011

Inspired by InStyle

A couple of days ago I got a HUGE issue of InStyle in the mail! I was so excited to flip through the hundreds of pages and get inspiration from the wonderful fashion in the magazine. But as I started to read it, I realized that I always say that I like something in the magazine, but then never try it out! That all changed tonight! I turned to an article called "Clothes We Love!" and there were four main trends that they talked about: Color, Florals, Menswear, and Lace. I decided to try on outfits from my closet that resembled the concept that they each were talking about! I had a blast; it was super fun! (but extremely difficult without a tripod haha)



Who knew that the primary colors would go so swell together?
Shirt: Miuse
Skirt: Diane Von Furstenberg
Shoes:
Miu Miu

This would be the perfect summer outfit! 
Romper:
Theory
Belt: Theory
Shoes: Toms


I love this dress! It always makes me feel so girly!
Dress:
Theory
Shoes: Steve Madden
I imagine myself wearing this to a garden party!... I should work on getting invited to one of those!
Dress:
Shoshanna
Shoes: Miu Miu

I am not sure if I would ever wear this out, but its a great look for the corporate world!
Blazer:
Madewell
Shirt: Martin & Osa
Pants: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Michael Kors
Surprisingly, I really like this outfit! The pink adds a feminine flare to a very masculine outfit and contrasts the black perfectly!
Shirt:
Martin & Osa
Vest: Theory
Pants: Urban Outfitters
One of my hidden talents: I can tie ties!
Shirt: 
Martin & Osa
Pants: 
Urban Outfitters

Ooh la la! I adore lace! It is quite possibly one of my favorite fabrics! It can work for any occasion almost and goes with anything!
I really like the way that this lace has such a large pattern, that you can very much see the flowers in it!
Dress: D&G
This shirt is great because from far away, with an undershirt, it looks like a simple black t-shirt, but with a closer examine the beautiful lace reveals itself!
Shirt:
Free People
Skirt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Michael Kors


(note: Some photos are from the magazine InStyle and I do not have rights to them)

No comments:

Post a Comment