Thursday, June 16, 2011

Inspired by the Earth and Rocks Beneath Me

Recently, and by recently I mean in the past two days, I have become obsessed with unpolished stones. You know the ones that look like they were just found in nature, and broken open to reveal a sparking wonder within! Well, they are my new obsession. I have also come to the conclusion that I am so over dark colors, although I will always love black! I realized this today, when I was sitting on the tennis court in the 100 degree weather. I decided for the rest of the summer, or for as long as it is so darn hot, that earth tones and lighter neutrals would be a new staple in my wardrobe. 

I was so excited when I found these bracelets today! First of all, I think they are stunning. But they include the stones I now love and the colors I am now embracing! I also love how they are not like  typical bracelets (with metal chains and clasps). The ribbon is so soft and light that these bracelets are truly a delight to wear!



Along with my new adoration of this type of jewelry I have also developed a love for layering lots of jewelry on top of each other, really whether they would typically go together or not. Therefore, I cannot wait to wear these rings with about five other rings I own, all at the same time!


Usually I do not wear earrings unless they are large dangly ones, but I think that these simple studs are gorgeous. I especially love how you know they are real stones, by the imperfections, the dark spot on one, that is not on the other! It makes me feel like they are unique!


I love these necklaces! I love how one is dull and the other is so shiny, yet they go together flawlessly!


One of the problems I normally face with summer clothes, is that they are too simple and plain. But by using all of these accessories, I feel the outfit is just interesting enough!

This outfit was so light and airy, that it would be perfect to wear out on a hot day like today! It was so refreshing to wear!










.... you can tell I am about to go to the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment